Well I can't believe another year has passed. It seems that time is flying by too quickly. There are many things that I will remember about 2008. I thought that I would list a few of things that come to my mind:
Nationally:
The death's of good actors: Heath Ledger, Paul Newman, Estelle Getty, Charlton Heston
The death of legendary newsmaker Tim Russert.
Micheal Phelps set many Olympic records in swimming in Beijing.
American's elected the first bi-racial president.
The economy went into a recession....that will continue into 2009.
Locally:
Community Spirit Bank celebrated 100 years of hometown banking!!
Tiffin Motor Homes laid off several hundred employees due to the economic recession.
Ernestine Harrison celebrated 41 years at Community Spirit Bank.
My niece Harleigh Ridge was born in April.
For me personally 2008 was a good year..because I have my health, family, and friends. I learned alot of life lessons and made alot of life changing decisions. I am a firm believer that I am not a perfect person, never have been and never will be. Life to me is about making mistakes and learning the lesson from the mistake. We are all going to fall at some point in our lives, just pray that you have a God believing person there to pick you up when you do...because that is what gets you through it all.
So as 2008 comes to an end I am feeling thankful.
Thankful for my husband, my baby Dalton, my parents, my brother, sister in law, and two nephews, and the rest of my rather large family. I am thankful for my health, food on my table, a roof over my head, clothes to wear, a car to drive, a place to work, and enough money in the bank to pay my bills. Most of all I am thankful that the Lord shined his light on me in 2008 and opened my eyes to what is most important in my life and I thank him everyday for the many blessings that he has given me this year. Without him I would have nothing!!!
God bless everyone....
and
Happy New Year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment