About Me

My photo
Hey ya'll! I am a 34 year mother of two blue eyed awesome kids! I teach 4-6 Science and Social Studies at a small school in Mississippi. I love living life to the fullest and I try to laugh every day. Laughter is the best medicine!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The other little boys in my life


This is the boys goofing around.
L to R: Dalton, Carson, and Carter



~Three Musketeers~

If you are someone who knows me well - you know that the most important little man in my life is my Dalton. However there are two other little boys that I haven't mentioned that I love very much. They are my nephews Carson and Carter. Now of course I have a story about each of them and the day that they entered the world.


First was Carson. He was born on February 6th, 2002 and there was snow on the ground..now this is Alabama so there was not a significant snow but there was enough for us to say we got some snow. We had been anticipating this birth from the very day that we found out. You see my brother is the only Daniel boy on my father's side of the family and therefore we wanted there to be more Daniel's. We didn't dream we would end up with two. Back to the day of his birth. I was at home at my parents when my brother called and I called my mother who got really excited and in a hurry. My daddy was no where to be found. This was before he had a cell phone. He finally showed up as we were backing out of the driveway. We got to the hospital in plenty of time. We arrived around 4:15 and Carson was born at like 11:06p.m.. Anyhoo...when I saw that little guy and his big eyes I thought he was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I never knew I could love something so much. It had been along time in our family since we had had a baby...like 17 years to be exact. Before he was born you think you love people and then when a baby is born and he is your nephew...you realize that you really know what love is.


Next came Carter. He was born October 11, 2005 at 9:10a.m. I believe this is exact time because my mother quotes it every year on his birthday...."Carter was born at 9:10 on 10/11". You just have to know my mother...every year of my life that I can remember my birthdays she has always shared the story of the day I was born. I was living in my own home this time. I was getting ready for work and the phone rang. It was mother in a panic..."Barry and Niki are at the hospital, they've been there all night, and they are going to have the baby this morning, I can't get Dena on the phone, I can't get Pat on the phone, I am going to the Annex to see Mr. Bolton". It was almost all in one breath and I said "Okay, I am going to open Vina and I will come on to Florene asap." I got there before he was born so I didn't miss it. That is really important to me to be there for this type of occasion. He was just a lovely as his brother was...seemed a little chubbier in the cheeks. When we got to the nursery window I noticed that something wasn't right and I wouldn't say anything. I knew my 'worrisome, just like her mother' Mother would panic. But I forgot that she knows my brother well so...she noticed that his cheeks were red and she said Oh no something's wrong. Carter had a little breathing problem and stayed a few days in hospital but he is perfect now...nothing wrong with those lungs!!


Anyway it is joy to spend time with them- they are sweet little boys and I love them dearly!!

No comments: