About Me

My photo
Hey ya'll! I am a 34 year mother of two blue eyed awesome kids! I teach 4-6 Science and Social Studies at a small school in Mississippi. I love living life to the fullest and I try to laugh every day. Laughter is the best medicine!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Songs I am not sure about...

I just finished painting my laundry room. It was previously a warm yellow color and now it is a warm blue. I always have a radio playing when I paint...it makes the time go by faster...or at least it seems like it does. Anyway as I was painting, and an old Tanya Tucker song came on the radio and as I was listening to the words I began to think. You see the song says " When I die, I may not go to heaven.." and then it says something about "take me to Texas...because Texas is the closest I've ever been."
So after hearing this I started thinking. There are other songs that make these suggestions like "If Heaven ain't alot like Dixie" by Hank Williams Jr. . I do realize that these are just songs and the person singing them may not have written the song but...they still sang it. I thought you know it is sad that people actually compare places like Alabama and Texas to Heaven. There are alot of things about Alabama that I love but the recognition for those things are given to God...and not mankind. I want to go Heaven no matter what it is like. I certainly don't think it is going to be like Texas or Dixie for that matter.
I just said a little prayer after hearing that song ...that Tanya Tucker knows better than that. I mean if you are a Christian person - why would you want to sing a song like that?? oh yeah I forget ...to make lots of money. And as I have always believed money is the root of all evil!!
Now please don't think that I am judging on whether Tanya Tucker or Hank Williams Jr are Christians...that is between them and God. I just had the thought after hearing the song and wanted to share it. I am a fan of many of their other songs but not so much the two I shared about with you.
Oh yeah...and Happy Friday 13th! I hope everyone watches a good scary movie tonite!

1 comment:

Liesa said...

I AGREE AMANDA. AND TO BE HONEST, I'D BE DISAPPOINTED IF HEAVEN IS LIKE TEXAS OR DIXIE! HA. I'M EXPECTING SOMETHING VERY GRAND, JUST BECAUSE JESUS IS THERE!
I KNOW THE SONGS YOU SPEAK OF THOUGH. AND THEIR TUNES ARE SOOOO CATCHY! I TRY NOT TO LISTEN TO ANYTHING GOING AGAINST GOD, AS FAR AS LIFESTYLES, ETC.
AS FOR A SCARY MOVIE; I'M TOO CHICKEN! HA.
HAVE A GOOD NIGHT. ENJOYED YOUR POST. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! LOVE YA.