The week before last was quite a busy week. I had my usual studying to do and it was also my mother's birthday that week.
I spent most of the week planning, cooking, and finding presents for the two different parties we were having for her. So I didn't get alot done at home.
So this week I haven't had much time to blog because I was catching up from last week.
I did the usual studying at the beginning of the week. I spent most of the day Wednesday trying to catch up all the laundry and house work that needed to be done so badly. I wanted the end of the week to do something a little more fun. So I did finish everything up early and was really proud that I did not procrastinate.
On Thursday I got started painting my bathroom. My mother had given me a gallon of brown paint that she was going to use to paint the boys room at her house. She called it football brown and liked it until it got on the wall. It had alot of red in it. So I asked the girls at Sherwin-Williams how I could take the red out. They told me to add some green. So...I had a little lime green leftover from Dalton's bathroom. I added some of it, and that wasn't the color I wanted.
So....I added a little of the brown I used in the living room too. It was a little bit better....so I added a little more.
I finally ended up with a color that I was pleased with. So I finally finished that up on Friday and it looks fabulous. Josh and I were amazed how much different it made the whole room look.
I know it would have been easier to go the store and just pick out the color that I really wanted...but I would have missed out on the fun of mixing all the colors and I would have wasted a whole gallon of perfectly good paint.
So since I was in a creative mood the last two days I decided that I would change my haircolor just a bit. Now for those who know me, you know that I am not going to do anything drastic. It's hard to do too much to red hair. I have lived with it for 29 years and I am not tired of the color...I just thought I would spice it up a bit.
So I did a little blond highlight to it. I kept looking at it thinking - is it changing at all. I didn't want it to be white blond. I have done that before and it is okay, I just like the golden blond better with my type of red.
So it did lighten it a bit. When Josh got home he looked at me and said "Did you have your hair cut?" I said "No". He said something looks different. It took him a few minutes to figure it out. He really likes it...so I guess I did some good.
So I have had a busy week but a good one. I feel great today because I can relax and hang out with the boys and I don't have to worry about all the other stuff I have to do.
I feel like I have accomplished something.
I spent most of the week planning, cooking, and finding presents for the two different parties we were having for her. So I didn't get alot done at home.
So this week I haven't had much time to blog because I was catching up from last week.
I did the usual studying at the beginning of the week. I spent most of the day Wednesday trying to catch up all the laundry and house work that needed to be done so badly. I wanted the end of the week to do something a little more fun. So I did finish everything up early and was really proud that I did not procrastinate.
On Thursday I got started painting my bathroom. My mother had given me a gallon of brown paint that she was going to use to paint the boys room at her house. She called it football brown and liked it until it got on the wall. It had alot of red in it. So I asked the girls at Sherwin-Williams how I could take the red out. They told me to add some green. So...I had a little lime green leftover from Dalton's bathroom. I added some of it, and that wasn't the color I wanted.
So....I added a little of the brown I used in the living room too. It was a little bit better....so I added a little more.
I finally ended up with a color that I was pleased with. So I finally finished that up on Friday and it looks fabulous. Josh and I were amazed how much different it made the whole room look.
I know it would have been easier to go the store and just pick out the color that I really wanted...but I would have missed out on the fun of mixing all the colors and I would have wasted a whole gallon of perfectly good paint.
So since I was in a creative mood the last two days I decided that I would change my haircolor just a bit. Now for those who know me, you know that I am not going to do anything drastic. It's hard to do too much to red hair. I have lived with it for 29 years and I am not tired of the color...I just thought I would spice it up a bit.
So I did a little blond highlight to it. I kept looking at it thinking - is it changing at all. I didn't want it to be white blond. I have done that before and it is okay, I just like the golden blond better with my type of red.
So it did lighten it a bit. When Josh got home he looked at me and said "Did you have your hair cut?" I said "No". He said something looks different. It took him a few minutes to figure it out. He really likes it...so I guess I did some good.
So I have had a busy week but a good one. I feel great today because I can relax and hang out with the boys and I don't have to worry about all the other stuff I have to do.
I feel like I have accomplished something.
No comments:
Post a Comment