About Me

My photo
Hey ya'll! I am a 34 year mother of two blue eyed awesome kids! I teach 4-6 Science and Social Studies at a small school in Mississippi. I love living life to the fullest and I try to laugh every day. Laughter is the best medicine!

Monday, January 4, 2010

The end of 2009

I have been trying to find time over the past month to catch up my blog. It has been near impossible. I finished up this semester at school on a great note. I was pleased to have 3 A's and 4 B's = 19 hours. Most of my friends thought I was completely crazy to take so many hours and try to run a house....but I want to finish as soon as possible. It was really tough but I accomplished that goal with pride.
School was over for me on December 15th. The following Monday I got an email that I had officially been accepted to the College of Education. You can't imagine what a great Christmas present that was.
The Christmas holiday was wonderful. We had a lot of places to go but enjoyed it all very much. I ate so much food that I did not want to eat again. This year we had soup parties at my grandmother's and my daddy's sisters. I loved doing that. It was easier and different than the usual Christmas dinner. I think everyone enjoyed it. My mother cooked the traditional Christmas dinner and Josh's paternal grandmother did too. So we still had some Chicken and dressing to please our taste buds.
After Christmas, I did a little shopping with my new friend Ginger. She and I are both from the same town, just a few years different in age, and we are Elem. Ed. majors at UNA. We met in class and had a lot in common...both wives, mothers, and students, and both have red hair. We enjoyed a mom's day out together. We both bought clothes and later returned them. So now we have set a goal to lose some weight. We both have baby weight and neither of us have a baby that is under the age of 1. Hello....ridiculous I know!
These were the good things that happened in December.
Last week did not turn out to be the best end of a year that I have ever had. Nor will I ever have another New Year's eve that I won't remember the end of 2009.
Josh's maternal grandfather has been sick for many years. He passed away on December 30th. It has been a difficult time the past few days. Today is the first day that I have felt like being me in a week.
So as 2009 came to a close.....it reminded me how much I love my family. It brought me closer to God, and to my husband. I appreciate this life in a new light.

No comments: