About Me

My photo
Hey ya'll! I am a 34 year mother of two blue eyed awesome kids! I teach 4-6 Science and Social Studies at a small school in Mississippi. I love living life to the fullest and I try to laugh every day. Laughter is the best medicine!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My baby is getting so big...

Today marks the 3rd birthday of my sweet little Dalton. I am very thankful and blessed to have been able to enjoy the last 3 years with this child. I thank God everyday for allowing me to be his mother and for giving us this child. I can't believe that 3 years have passed. It's so unbelievable.
As any mother likes to do I will re-tale the story in short version of the greatest moment of my life.
Dalton was born on Friday and was due on the following Tuesday May 2nd. I had gone to the doctor the week before and he was not ready to be here but he was getting bigger everyday. The doctor told me that she was giving me one more week and if he wasn't here by then, she would induce. The day before he was born the sonogram said that he was 8 1/2 lbs. give or take 20%. On that Friday everything was tried to allow this child to be born but he just wasnt' ready. So around 7:30 that night Dr. Frasier told me that she was throwing in the towel and we were about to have a baby by c-section. I was glad to hear this because I was ready to see my baby boy. So at 8:51p.m. Dalton arrived into this world. The first thing that Dr. Colvard (Dalton's pediatrician) said was "Momma it looke like you might have a linebacker." I thought Oh my heaven's how big is this child? Then Josh and Dr. Colvard brought him over to me and it just took my breath. He was a big boy, but he was so pink and had these big blue eyes. The first thought in my head was "he looks just like my daddy". I was afraid to say anything because I thought Josh would want him to look like him but then Josh looked at me and said "He looks like your Daddy".
He weighed 9 lbs. 5 ozs. and was 23 inches long. I wouldn't have it any other way. It was so nice to have a bigger baby to take care of. It made it seem like he wasn't as fragile as little babies seem to me.

There is nothing in the world that blesses you more than having children. I love being a mother and I love being a mother to this little boy. He amazes me everyday with his thoughts, his actions, and his many hugs and kisses.
I am thankful that God has allowed me to enjoy him for 3 wonderful years and I pray for many more.

No comments: