About Me

My photo
Hey ya'll! I am a 34 year mother of two blue eyed awesome kids! I teach 4-6 Science and Social Studies at a small school in Mississippi. I love living life to the fullest and I try to laugh every day. Laughter is the best medicine!

Friday, July 3, 2009

Lovin the 4th and the Freedom

I love the 4th of July. I have for many years.
We got a start on things last night and took Dalton to get some fireworks. He just loves them. He has never been scared of them at all. When Dalton was 1 year old , I went to Fulton to the fireworks show with my mother in law and Josh's aunt. We had a good time. He didn't cry or scream or anything. They were really loud and I was afraid that he would but all he did was grin and giggle. Last year we took him to Birmingham to the zoo and to the fireworks show there. It was a nice show. So this year we bought him some of his own. Nothing too dangerous or scary. I wanted him to continue to like them. He ran around the drive way last night singing "This is so much fun....this is so much fun!" It was cute. Tonight we are going to take him to Fulton to see my granddaddy and then we are going over to watch the fireworks at dark. I think we are going to Florence tomorrow night to watch the fireworks show there too. I love them as much as he does.
It is a great holiday because we celebrate being able to have freedom to be who we really want to be.
It is one thing that I think of often and I am so glad that I live in this country even though it has it's flaws. Some days when I am riding down the road listening to the radio and the news comes on and tells of other countries who are fighting each other and they are not allowed to be free, I am quick to be thankful for being able to do what I want, when I want to do it. Currently I know of 3 guys from Red Bay who are stationed over seas. Two of them graduated with me and the other is a brother of one of the guys who graduated with me. I am thankful for what they are doing for our country because without people like them freedom would not be possible.
I hope that everyone has a a safe, fun filled weekend.

No comments: