There was one story that brought tears to my eyes and was the sweetest part of the day yesterday. To help those who don't know my aunt, she married my Uncle Rass and he already had two children. His first wife died when E.R. was about 6 and Wynoka was about 8 months. It was a couple of years before they met and married. So E.R. was probally close to 9 when they were married. I have heard stories how he was meaner than a little devil. Aunt Jewell tamed him. As an adult he worked and retired from the state prison in Parchman. Someone told me once if it hadn't been for Jewell then he would have been in the prison instead of working at it. *laugh*
He has always been a nice man and is very comical. Being a comedian comes from the Moody's I guess. Uncle Rass, and Uncle Ruie were both very good comedians. My brother got that trait too.
Anyway, on to my story.
E.R. never really knew his biological mother. I am guessing that he may remember her some. Yesterday at the funeral he told my mother... "His momma (Burdean) was hugging his momma (Jewell), and thanking her for raising her children." I thought that was one of the sweetest things I have ever heard at a funeral service.
I have often wondered what it is like when we all get to heaven and see each other. Over the years there were things that were said about my Uncle re-marrying by some people who felt he shouldn't. None of these were in my family. They were bitter because Burdean didn't get to raise her own children. I just feel like that wasn't her choice. That choice belonged to God. He chose to make the situation the way that it was and it shouldn't have been questioned. E.R and Wynoka haven't forgotten who their mother was....they knew...they just chose to have two. I am proud that they did because she loved them very much. It was evident yesterday that they loved her too. Their lives were changed by the love that she had for them and they will always be grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment