One of the greatest parts of raising children is seeing them reach a new milestone. I have enjoyed each milestone that Dalton has reached since he was born. When he started crawling, I couldn't wait for him to walk. It has always been so exciting to see what he does next. I have recorded each one as any mother would do. As children starting getting older the length of time gets longer from each one. Dalton has reached another special moment in his life this week. Yesterday he wrote his name for the first time all by himself. His teacher left me a note and told me that he did it all except the little curl on his a. She was proud to see him do it. I was proud to know he did it.
He has started getting more interested in writing and doodling on notepads for several weeks now. In fact he even decided to show me what good D's he could do by stealing a pen out of my purse and doodling on the wall. Luckily it is a wall that I have not painted yet. Now I won't paint it until I can take a picture because he did a great job. *laughing* I can't take a picture because my camera won't work..but that's another story.
A few months ago he started telling me the letters in his name because this was part of what they were learning at preschool. It was exciting that he knew what his name was and how to spell it. I am really proud of him for writing his name. It was actually legiable which was a surprise considering he is a boy. Most of the men I know write very scribbly but I guess it can change in a few years.
I can't imagine my life without having a child. They are amazing little creatures and the smallest things can light up your whole day.
I hope that this reminds some of you of a special time in your childs life of the days when they were beginning writing and how special the moment was for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment