My headline for this post is another famous quote from my mother. She has used it often in my life. I use it more now than I did when I was younger. I suppose it is because I understand it better with age.
There was a few things that I didn't mention in the last post that I wanted to share. I have said before that I don't live in other peoples homes and don't know what their lives are like behind closed doors. I also said that we don't know what we would do until we are faced with a situation.
Now with all of that being said, it seems to me that in the past year the world is getting worse day by day. If any of you watch the news or read a newspaper, you see that there is someone killing someone or doing some type of harm to themselves or someone around them. Then you have the small town drama(def. other people's business that small town people make their own).
What I have come to realize about these situations is that it is only the work of the devil. He is getting stronger because people are letting their guard down and letting him take control of the situations in their lives. It is sad to see, but it happens on a daily basis.
Some of you may not believe it this way, but that is my belief.
I have known of people in the past year that have had struggles in their lives that I was surprised with. I felt like it was just the work of the devil.I am not going to mention names because I wouldn't want them to do that to me. I would like to explain myself a little further.
I know of a couple that are Christians and have devoted their entire marriage and lives to Christ. They have children. Recently they have seperated in their marriage.
Now like I have said, I don't live in their home and I don't know what brought them to this.
However, to me it is the work of the devil. He likes to slip his way into people's lives when things are good and he sees an opening and tear them apart and do his best to get them on his side.
What I hope that this couple realizes is that they don't need to let the devil win. He is trying his hardest to win. I hope that they work through this problem and find their resolution in scripture. I hope that they remember that they promised God that they would work through situations for better and for worse. It is obvious that they are seeing the worst, but God will see them through. They must remember that "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phil. 4:13 KJV.
No matter how bad the devils gets into your life if you turn to Jesus and turn it all over to him, you shall be blessed. It may not happen when you want it to, but through faith your prayers will be answered.
So to my headline The truth will stand when the world is on fire...take this and think about your life. Remember that the truths of Jesus will hold you up when the devil tries to get you down.
Have a blessed weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment