A friend and fellow blogger made a post earlier this week about how life can change in an
instant and how we never know what we would do until we are faced with a situation. It was ironic that she posted this because I had been thinking of the same thing that day. We all live our lives how we see fit, and from time to time there are struggles that pass our way. If you are like me you do the best you can with the situation and give it to the Lord. There is nothing we can't handle as long as we give it to him.
We don't know people as well as we think we do sometimes. I have friends who have dealt with struggles over the years and shared these with me. However, I don't live in their homes and I am not in their body and I don't feel what they feel each day. I can never know what breaks their heart, depresses them, turns their entire life upside down, and makes them quesiton why things have to happend to them.
I do know one thing I can do and that is pray for them when I know that something is bothering them. Prayer lifts people even when they don't know you are praying.
This past Tuesday I had somethings on my mind, for one I had a huge test in my finite math class and I really wanted to do well to keep my A. As I was sitting at a red light in Muscle Shoals watching the cars turn I looked at the people in the cars. My thought was "I wonder how many of these people are struggling with something today?" The reason for this is because when we are all struggling with something we feel like we are the only ones who is dealing with a problem. The truth is we are not.
Everyday there is someone who loses their job, their home, a family member, someone is depressed because their life isn't the way they thought it would be, they are stressed over work, school, family .....the list goes on and on.
We are not alone. Those of us who are Christians have to know in our hearts that we are not alone. We have a loving Lord to look to for help and we have other Christians who want to bless us with their prayers.
My mother has always told me this and at many times in my life it was hard to believe but she always tells me "There is nothing in this world worth the worry...don't waste a day over it." Now like I said that is hard to do. I have been in some of the worst situations and felt like nothing would ever get better and it does.
I hope that this has helped someone's day. I wanted to share my thoughts because it is on my heart. Remember that one day this world is going to come to an end and when it does, we won't deal with these struggles anymore.
For those who have struggles today I want you to know that you are in my prayers! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment