I just can't believe you are sixty. It just doesn't seem right. Yesterday I told mother that it was our last day to be 59 and 29...she told me next month we would be 60/30. I laughed...that sounds like an eye exam.
I am very blessed and thankful that I have had the mother I have had for the past 29 years. She has taught me so many things. Some people go through life and never have the relationship with their momma's like I have had with mine. She has taught me how to do everything. She taught me to how to color, how to take a bath and potty, how to brush my teeth, how to tie my shoes, how to play paper dolls, how to make mud pies, how to be friends, how to act on a date, how to have manners, how to be quiet in church, how to be a wife and mother, how to cook and clean, how to paint interior walls of your home, how to use a teller machine, how to be independant, how to use a hammer, how to plant flowers and a garden, how to properly pick turnip greens and get the bugs off, how to decorate birthday cakes, how to sew, how to cross stitch,...and most important how to love Jesus!
Everything I know is because of my mother. Words can say what I feel right now. I am so thankful for you and I couldn't have made it in this life without you. I am so glad that God answered your prayers when Barry and I were kids and he allowed you to raise us...because if daddy had to do it we might have ate beenie weenie's and pb and j sandwiches, but the washing would have been done and the beds made!! No I'm just kidding...I have a great daddy- we just love to pick on him.
I hope that this is the best birthday that you have ever had. Thank you for everything you do...God made you my mother but I chose you for my best friend!!!
I love you !!
No comments:
Post a Comment