About Me

My photo
Hey ya'll! I am a 34 year mother of two blue eyed awesome kids! I teach 4-6 Science and Social Studies at a small school in Mississippi. I love living life to the fullest and I try to laugh every day. Laughter is the best medicine!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tomorrow is a special day...

It is almost unbelievable to me but sixty years ago today my grandparents were awaiting the birth of their first child. Back in those days...as we all know...they didn't have the equipment to be able to find out what the baby was going to be. They were excited on February 26th of 1949 when my grandmother Coker gave birth to a beautiful red-headed baby girl, my mother Brenda Gail. This is a great milestone in my mother's life. She has been blessed with a wonderful husband, two children, a daughter-in-law, son-in-law, and 3 grandsons who she adores. She has the blessing of sharing the past 60 years with her parents and the past 54 with her sister. She has been blessed with a roof over her head, clothes on her back, food on her table...all of which she has helped provide for her family. Alot of people think that sixty is old..but I don't. Maybe it seemed that way when I was a child but my mother doesn't look old to me, she doesn't act old, so therefore I think reaching sixty is a blessing. So look for alot of photos and mementos tomorrow for my mothers birthday. I am thankful that I have had her for the last 29 years and I want to share my love for my mother with each of you.

1 comment:

Liesa said...

OH WOW!!! I HOPE SHE HAS A DAY JUST RUNNING OVER WITH WONDERFUL AND HAPPY!!!! TELL HER I SAY "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"