Well as many of you may know...I am now unemployed....for those of you who didn't well surprise! I am another sad tell of the economic recession. However there is always some good that comes out of the bad.
I had worked at the bank for almost 5 years and before that I worked full time at a couple of different hospitals. For the past 10 years I have worked full time and wished for vacations. Now that I have time off I am unsure what to do. It is strange to wake up at the same time you are suppose to go to work and then not know what you are suppose to do....at least for me it is.
I now wake up everyday and think that I am late for work and then realize that I don't have a job! I know at some point I will reach a degree of normal again. So I have tried to plan my days. Yesterday was laundry day.....and today well it's laundry day again. Who knew that 3 people could get so many clothes dirty.
I do feel like this time is a blessing. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to take classes this summer because I was working full time. I knew that I would need to register in March to get the classes that I needed and I was unsure of what was going to happen. And then...this window opened and God said here my child...this is what you need. I have accepted this decision and I am going to make the best of it. I feel like this is his plan for me.
The ironic thing about the situation as a whole is that last fall I took Principles of Economics. I watched the stock market go up and down, I learned insights on why the economy was falling to pieces, and in my heart I knew since about August that at some point the bank would begin laying off employees. I never really thought it would be me because I had seniority. However it was. So it is funny how I studied my heart out last fall to get through a class to better myself and learned about the recession....and then this spring I became a victim of the recession. Strange huh?
Advice for those still working: Enjoy the job you have and be proud to have it because tomorrow is uncertain for everyone during this difficult time. Also remember to never live above your means and save what you can....tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.
Have a good week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment